Movements In Motion goes beyond just dance education and an appreciation for the art of dance. We believe that the arts enrich the life of a student and build self-confidence, discipline and a passion for dance. We want MIM to be your home away from home, were everyone is welcome!
REGISTRATION FOR 2021-2022 SEASON IS NOW AVAILABLE !!!!
- Tiny Tots (Ages 2 to 3) – This class helps toddlers develop coordination and will familiarize them with sounds and rhythm associated with dance. Through the use of props, imaginative dances and stories the children begin to learn the basic elements of creative movement.
- Teeny Boppers (Ages 3 to 5) – Students begin to explore how to move their body through space. They start to learn the basic gross motor movements of marching, jumping, and skipping. They will also begin to learn the basic elements of ballet and tap.
- Mini-Hoppers (Ages 3 to 5) – Students begin to move their body through space. They start to learn the basic gross motor movements of marching, jumping, and skipping. They also begin the basic elements of hip hop, basic tumbling, and jazz.
- Mini Tumbling (Ages 3 to 6) – The focus of this program includes learning the Acro positions, locomotive skills (jumping, hoping, etc), balance skills, movement concepts, cooperation, and social skills.
- Dance Variety (Ages 5 to 7) – Introduction to the dance techniques of ballet, jazz, and tap. They will be doing 20 mins of each within the hour.
- Petite Ballerinas (Ages 5 to 7) – This class is designed for the little dancer that dreams of being a ballerina. They will learn the techniques of classical ballet.
- Hip Hopsters (Ages 5 to 7) – Introduction to the world of hip hop, jazz and basic tumbling.
- Jazz (Ages 7 & up) – This class incorporates jazz technique with a funky flair. Dance class that teaches the art form of pure movement jazz.
- Tap (Ages 7 & up) – Dance class designed to learn the technique of rhythmic tap.
- Lyrical Ballet (Ages 7 & up) – A fusion of ballet and lyrical dance styles. This class will interpret music in an emotionally expressive way while also learning the traditional ballet technique.
- Hip Hop (Ages 7 & up) – Dance class designed to teach the art form of street dance and freestyle.
- Tumbling (Ages 5 to 9) – Gymnastic floor-work, from beginner to basics. Tumblers will learn moves such as cartwheels and round-offs, progressing to back hand-springs/flips and walk-overs.
- Acro (Ages 9 & up) – For the more experienced. Acro is a style of dance that combines classical dance technique with precision acrobatic elements. Acro class consists of advanced training in gymnastic tricks, flips, handsprings, tucks, etc.
Specialty Classes – these classes are in additional to a regular dance class.
- Turns & Leaps (Ages 9 & up) – Dancers will learn ways to improve on turns and leaps through various equipment and exercises. This class will help improve the dancer’s ability to nail those leaps or turns.
- Dancers Stretch (Ages 9 & up) – Dancers will learn how to increase flexibility and also help avoid injury in your regular activities.