Movements In Motion goes beyond just dance education and an appreciation for the art of dance. We believe that the arts enrich the life of a student and build self-confidence, discipline and a passion for dance. We want MIM to be your home away from home, were everyone is welcome!
CLASSES START SATURDAY 9/7/19
- Tiny Tots (Ages 2 to 3) – This class helps toddlers develop coordination and will familiarize them with sounds and rhythm associated with dance. Through the use of props, imaginative dances and stories the children begin to learn the basic elements of creative movement.
- Teeny Boppers (Ages 3 to 4) – Students begin to explore how to move their body through space. They start to learn the basic gross motor movements of marching, jumping, and skipping. They will also begin to learn the basic elements of ballet and tap.
- Mini-Hoppers (Ages 3 to 5) – Students begin to move their body through space. They start to learn the basic gross motor movements of marching, jumping, and skipping. They also begin the basic elements of hip hop, basic tumbling, and jazz.
- Pre-Dance (Ages 4 to 5) – Continuation of the development of movement through the styles of ballet, tap, and jazz.
- Ballet Fairies (Ages 5 to 7) – This class is designed for the dancer that just wants to do ballet. They will learn the techniques of ballet with fairy props and songs.
- Dance Variety (Ages 5 to 7) – Introduction to the dance techniques of ballet, jazz, and tap. They will be doing 20 mins of each within the hour.
- Hip Hopsters (Ages 5 to 7) – Introduction to the world of hip hop, jazz and basic tumbling.
- Jazz (Ages 7 & up) – This class incorporates jazz technique with a funky flair. Dance class that teaches the art form of pure movement jazz.
- Tap (Ages 7 & up) – Dance class designed to learn the technique of rhythmic tap.
- Lyrical Ballet (Ages 7 & up) – A fusion of ballet and lyrical dance styles. This class will interpret music in an emotionally expressive way while also learning the traditional ballet technique.
- Hip Hop (Ages 7 & up) – Dance class designed to teach the art form of street dance and freestyle.
- Contemporary (Ages 12 & up) – An eclectic blend of contemporary and post-modern movement. It allows the dancer to explore their individual dance style outside of the structure of traditional lyrical & jazz class.
- Tumbling (Ages 6 & up) – Gymnastic floor-work, from beginner to basics. Tumblers will learn moves such as cartwheels and round-offs, progressing to back hand-springs/flips and walk-overs.
- Acro (Ages 12 & up) – For the more experienced. Acro is a style of dance that combines classical dance technique with precision arcobatic elements. Acro class consists of advanced training in gymnastic tricks, flips, handsprings, tucks, etc.
- Pom Stars (Ages 7 & up) – Incorporates dance with the use of Pom-Poms! Including hip hop, jazz & kick line.
Specialty Classes – these classes are in additional to a regular dance class. These classes will not be performing in the end of year recital.
- Turns & Leaps (Ages 8 & up) – This is a technique class designed to assist students in focusing on the leaps, jumps and turns that dancers perform in Lyrical, Jazz, and Hip Hop. It is a way to better your technique when executing basic leaps, center leaps, turns and fourette.
- Improv (Ages 9 & up) – This class is a fusion of dance styles, used to express emotional performances. Dance improvisation is not only about creating new movement but is also defined as freeing the body from habitual movement patterns.
- Dancers Stretch (Ages 8 & up) – Dancers require a tremendous amount of strength and flexibility to bring the music to life through their bodies. Dancers Stretch will help to increase flexibility and also help avoid injury in your regular activities.